So many TED Talks are great. This is the best TED Talk I’ve seen in years (it’s funny too) and I’m personally implementing the steps outlined at the end of this talk in my own life. Today, February 4, 2012, is day one of “creating lasting positive change” in my life.
The method consists of doing the following daily activities for 21 days in a row:
- 3 Gratitudes (writing three unique things that we’re grateful for each day helps develop positive attitude by teaching us to scan the world each day for something positive in our lives)
- Journaling (writing about one positive experience daily helps re-create happy feelings that perpetuate)
- Exercise (doing daily physical activity helps to reinforce positive behavior)
- Meditation (doing daily meditation helps to focus intention)
- Random Acts of Kindness (performing random acts of kindness every day ripples the effects of positive behavior)