- Managed numerous large-scale projects with Multnomah County; all completed successfully using the agile Scrum Methodology of Project Management.
- Effectively created from scratch the online brand and presence for the Idaho Statesman.
- Organized and coordinated a national convention for my business that brought together schools from 35 states and 12 countries; supervised a convention staff of 40.
Teaching & Training
- Created curricula for classroom, online, and mentor training programs.
- Created online simulations, web sites, web reference materials, and one-on-one mentoring programs.
- Personally trained hundreds of employees.
- Coordinated with subject-matter-experts in crafting custom training for specialized software and business processes.
- Created change management and communication programs for technology and human resource departments.
- Conducted training efficacy surveys for all training efforts.
- Maintained training website and training server using most up-to-date technology and design tools.
- Designed and built web interfaces (UX, UI) using HTML and Actionscript.
- Administered web sites for numerous organizations.
- Selected and procured technology solutions.
- Implemented IT workflows and guided Business Process redesigns in ERP implementations.
- Project Managed many IT implementations using the Scrum methodology of project management.
- Designer of corporate identity, print advertising campaigns, motion graphics, web sites, promotional materials, and everything in between.
- Since beginning in graphic design I have designed advertising graphics and typesetting; from simple projects like business cards to work as complex as annual financial reports or corporate identity overhauls.
- Created web sites and interface designs for regional & national audiences that have been nationally recognized.
- Cooperative leadership style that is flexible and effective.
- Have hired and discharged staff, trained and guided employee development.
- Have guided teams to work together through reliance on individual strengths rather than dictating solutions.
- Cooperative leadership style produces results and keeps employees not only happy but loyal.
- Civil counsel in bankruptcy, landlord-tenant, and family law.
- Conducted legal research, wrote client correspondence, interviewed and counseled clients, wrote legal briefs, wrote demand letters, and appeared in court as needed.
- Performed research for complex insurance litigation in the area of toxic torts with accompanying analysis.
HR Labor Relations
- Drafted legally binding employment agreements for clients while a legal intern.
- Analyzed contracts in light of various statutory schemes, including the NLRA, ADA, and Civil Rights Acts of 1964, et al.
- Represented Local 88 employees while on the Executive Board and worked on several committees dedicated to negotiation, research, writing, and planning.
- Drafted union documents used in budget analysis and negotiation and in the forming of labor-management joint work groups for departmental planning and change management.
- Have written legal briefs, white papers, and research which have been used in negotiation and/or instruction.
- Written instructional manuals, documentation, and related training materials.
- Copywrote for the newspapers I have worked in both advertising and news capacities.
- Budgeted for and ran a business for over six years.
- Never ran the business in the red, within the narrow tax parameters of a non-profit business.
- Experienced at effectively interfacing with government agencies from time as a business owner to working for a local government.
- Understands the process and pitfalls of working with government entities as well as their ability to positively impact the community.